Rob's Thoughts and Stuff

Completely non sensical ramblings and other stuff from Rob Douglas, a US Army Paratrooper.

Name:
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Explaining my URL

I have now been told that my url is a bit creepy. I thought it my be cause for comment when I made it, but it is part of my curse for having a common name and a complete lack of creativity on my part.

What is in a name?

I tried using Robdouglas, robertdouglas, robd, bigd, and a variety of other combinations. all taken. So I started to try to come up with something original and off the wall. No one on Earth is more off the wall than my OPs SGT, SFC Carver. The signature on his email is "Jump and Die Sappers." I decided no one had Jump and Die Rob as a URL. That is how the URL came to be. It is unique.

Hopefully, that may make a little more sense. Any one that knows SFC Carver, it makes complete sense.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good, very good. When I told JD the name of your blog he said "he's always been very hooah." hee hee. I'll tell him the Carvery story behind it now.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, Rob, you are officially on my "blog daily read" so you better keep this thing updated! :-)

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home