Rob's Thoughts and Stuff

Completely non sensical ramblings and other stuff from Rob Douglas, a US Army Paratrooper.

Name:
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Sunday, September 03, 2006

A lazy day in the Big A

I slept in this morning. I did not wake up until 6 AM local. I usually wake up by 0430 local. We have all but a couple of the big tasks accomplished, and we are starting later. It was a good morning to sleep in.

The problem I am currently having is my focus on R&R. After 9 months in country, being close to two weeks away, I can almost smell the unpoluted air, and imagine a day without dust. I plan on standing in the front yard shoeless just to have my feet in the grass. It has been so long since I have seen grass. Besides the big one of missing Kelly so much, the little things that add up to make you miss home that little bit more.

I need to do my reports and then get some breakfast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine, Rob...can't imagine. Although, I can't wait until your toes are in the grass either...with a beer, right?

Not in your toes...in your hands.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny to think about you standing out front enjoying our grass. Our new neighbors are going to be like "hmmmm, he must be her 'special' husband."

By the way, there's no grass on the cruise ship!

Love,
Kel

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home