Rob's Thoughts and Stuff

Completely non sensical ramblings and other stuff from Rob Douglas, a US Army Paratrooper.

Name:
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Another day in the Big A

In the middle of refit, and I can almost smell the US. I can almost imagine not being dusty. I will be home two weeks from today. I get to old Kelly in my arms, pet the babies, eat good food, beer, real american coke, and a soft bed I am not bigger than. Its going to be a good two weeks.

We are doing inventories now. Trying to figure out what was stolen, lost, or just in the wrong CONNEX. One of my LE CONNEXs had the lock cut off when we got back to Sharana. It has been back here unattended since we left Zormat a month and a half ago. No telling when the lock came off. Battalion has been using our CP to hold finance, legal teams, and all the other entities the provide services to the base. Now we are missing stuff we left in our supply room. Not accepting responsibility for that. Since we are living in tents with no ECUs or electric on our own FOB so they could house Air Force guys in our old buildings, I am not going to get wound up since the responsibility for the loss belongs to battalion.
LEave will be a good time to renergize.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that you're not looking forward to seeing Storm, JD and me ... not to mention the baby. Gosh, I don't feel like your second wife anymore! j/k

We're counting down the days over here, too, Rob. Sorry to hear about your inventory, although, I'm sure some of that was expected.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - I made the blog again :) The days really can't go any faster. AGH - faster, faster....

Hopefully BN will take the heat for the connex situation.

Love you - MUAH!

Kel

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home